Read The News
Get the Facts
Tell the Story
SYDNEY - To help turn every day spending into unforgettable travel experiences, Hilton HHonors, the loyalty program for Hilton Worldwide's 10 distinct hotel brands, and Macquarie Bank today launched the Hilton HHonorsTM Macquarie Platinum Card. In addition to receiving an annual reward weekend night certificate, cardholders will earn one HHonors Bonus Point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, four HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 spent at hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio worldwide and will receive automatic HHonors Gold Status.
"As the first hotel lodging card of its kind in Australia, the Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card helps Australians make the most out of their stays," said Jeff Diskin, executive vice president, Hilton Worldwide. "Whether paying for groceries or booking an international trip, HHonors members can feel at ease using their card, allowing each purchase to bring them closer to their next experience worth sharing with family and friends."
Consumers can now apply for the new Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card online at hhonorscard.com.au. The Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card has an annual fee of $295.00 and offers cardholders a number of privileges including:
Reward Weekend Night Certificates for Stays at Thousands of Hotels in the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio
- One-time reward weekend night certificate after spending $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of opening a card account.
- Anniversary bonus of one reward weekend night certificate each year after spending $12,000 or more in annual eligible purchases.
More Ways to Earn HHonors Bonus Points
- Four HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 spent on hotel stays at more than 4,000 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, in addition to Base Points normally earned for stays.
- One HHonors Bonus Point for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
Enjoy Upgraded HHonors Status
- Receive automatic HHonors Gold status as a cardholder, which includes complimentary space-available room upgrades at select hotels, complimentary high-speed Internet access, choice of complimentary breakfast or additional HHonors Bonus Points at select hotels, plus earn a 25 percent bonus on all Base Points earned.
- Upgrade to HHonors Diamond status after spending $40,000 or more on eligible purchases with the card per year your account is open and enjoy benefits such as guaranteed room with a reservation made at least 48 hours prior to arrival, complimentary continental breakfast at select hotels, plus earn a 50 percent bonus on all Base Points earned.
Ease and Global Acceptance Wherever You Travel Globally
- Enjoy complimentary overseas travel insurance and interstate flight inconvenience insurance when cardholders use the card to pay for their travel.
- As a Visa Platinum card, cardholders have access to complimentary assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week around the world through the Visa Concierge. Visa Platinum, Visa's premium credit offering, helps cardmembers get the most out of life with a range of valuable benefits that save time and money, while providing a full suite of perks and rewards.
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with chip-based and magnetic strip technology.
"We are delighted to be working with Hilton HHonors to provide customers with all the benefits of their loyalty program, coupled with a host of additional features they can enjoy including a 24/7 concierge service, complimentary travel insurances and technology that ensures their card is accepted wherever they are in the world," said Tony Graham, head of personal banking, Macquarie.
For more information, or to become a Hilton HHonors member, visit HHonors.com.
About Macquarie Bank Limited
Macquarie Bank Limited is a subsidiary of Macquarie Group Limited and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority as an Authorised Deposit-Taking Institution.
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Macquarie's main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 70 office locations in 28 countries and employs approximately 13,900 people. Assets under management total approximately $385 billion at 30 September 2013. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com.
About Visa Inc.
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks - VisaNet - that is capable of handling more than 30,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit corporate.visa.com.
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 world-class brands comprising more than 4,900 properties with over 800,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also enjoy popular digital tools available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app, where Hilton Honors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. With more than 60 million members, Hilton Honors offers hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points. Members can redeem their Points for free nights, premium merchandise, items on Amazon Shop with Points; make charitable contributions or gain access to unique events through the Hilton Honors auction platform (honors.com/auctions), such as exclusive artist experiences and hotel concert events with Live Nation®, or race experiences with the McLaren-Honda Formula 1 team. The program is free to join, and travelers may enroll online by visiting www.HiltonHonors.com or connect with Hilton Honors at news.hiltonhonors.com.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 4,900 properties with over 800,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.