BEIJING - With nearly 100 days until the London 2012 Olympic Games, Hilton HHonors, the loyalty program for Hilton Worldwide's 10 distinct hotel brands and sponsor of the Chinese Olympic Committee, hosted a celebratory event in Beijing. Illustrating its commitment to the Chinese Olympic Committee and Team China's journey to London, Hilton HHonors announced 10 key initiatives which will support athletes and their families, inspire fans and engage the nearly 12,000 Hilton Worldwide China employees.
"Together with partners like Hilton HHonors we will promote the Olympic spirit and support Team China as they journey toward realizing their Olympic dreams," said Xiao Min, vice president, Chinese Olympic Committee. "Our partnership not only sets the stage for success at the London 2012 Olympic Games, but also provides a promise to support Chinese Olympic athletes, Team China hopefuls and fans in the future."
The Waldorf Hilton London-Covent Garden hotel will become home to the first-ever summer China House, which will serve as a welcome center for the Chinese Olympic Committee delegation, family and friends of the Chinese Olympians. Throughout the Olympic Games, the hospitality hub will feature many comforts of home, including traditional Chinese breakfast items, a wide selection of Chinese teas and a dedicated television channel broadcasting Chinese programming. Other signature touches will include leisure and internet lounges complete with closed-circuit television coverage of Olympic competitions, a medal count board, computer stations, dedicated concierge services, and food and beverages. China House also will host a full calendar of events in celebration of Team China's hard work.
"The partnership embodies our commitment to the Chinese community and their passion, pride and spirit for the Olympic Movement," said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president, global customer marketing, Hilton Worldwide. "We are thrilled to help connect fans to the Olympic experience while also providing athletes and families Hilton Worldwide's renowned hospitality and a home-away-from-home while in London."
To aid athletes and engage fans and employees, in addition to China House, Hilton HHonors will launch the following initiatives with the Chinese Olympic Committee:
- 99,999 Purest Gold Reward: Team China's gold medal winners each will receive 99,999 Hilton HHonors points, which can be used for reward experiences, items in the Hilton HHonors Global Mall or stays at the more than 3,800 hotels in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio.
- Hilton HHonors Olympic Brand Ambassador: Olympic gold medalist and new mom, Yang Yang, will serve as the Hilton HHonors Olympic brand ambassador before, during and after the Olympic Games. Yang Yang is one of the most accomplished short track speed skaters of all time, having won 32 world titles, and works with the International Olympic Committee Athlete Career Program, which provides guidance and tools to help athletes during and after their sports career.
- Lobby Exhibits and Chinese Olympic Committee Merchandise Store: Exhibits showcasing memorabilia from Chinese Olympic history will bring the Olympic experience to life at more than 25 properties in China from April through August. Licensed items such as a model Olympic Torch, commemorative gold medals and key chains of the London Olympic Games mascots will be available for purchase. Additionally, guests can leave good luck messages for their favorite Team China athletes on a signing board.
- Hilton HHonors Olympic Dreamer Contest: One lucky winner will receive a trip for two to London by responding to daily trivia prompts about Team China and Hilton HHonors. The contest, hosted on Sina Weibo and linked to hiltonhonors.com.cn/TeamChina, will run from April 16 to June 15.
- Hilton Worldwide Stars in London Contest: Hilton Worldwide will send eight team members from properties within its portfolio in China (Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton) to represent their hotel and support China House during the Olympic Games. Team members will be selected based on their participation in hotel activities from April 16 to May 31 that tie back to Hilton Worldwide brand values such as integrity, hospitality, leadership and teamwork.
- Hilton HHonors Journey to London Contest: From April 16 to June 15, Hilton HHonors members will have a chance to win Hilton HHonors points, Yang Yang autographed Olympic items, free stays at properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio such as the Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa or Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, and a trip for two to the Olympic Games. The Hilton HHonors member who stays the most nights during the two-month period will win. For more details visit the promotion webpage at hhonors.com.cn/TeamChina.
- Commemorative Pin Set: Available April 16 through August 31, Diamond and Gold level HHonors members staying at any hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio in Mainland China will be given commemorative pins that form a dragon when all five are collected. Each pin will be inscribed with calligraphy that reinforces the Olympic spirit and Hilton HHonors values of determination, motivation, dedication, honor and celebration.
- Real-time Olympic Games Updates: The Hilton HHonors Sina Weibo account will share real-time information about the 2012 London Olympic Games with fans. These updates will be supplemented by winners of the Hilton HHonors Olympic Dreamer and Journey to London contests, who will share their Olympic experiences in London through daily updates and weekly blog posts both to their personal accounts and the Hilton HHonors Sina Weibo account.
- Hilton HHonors Team China Website: Hilton HHonors will launch Team China content on hhonors.com.cn to bring the Olympic experience directly to fans. The website, found at hhonors.com.cn/TeamChina, will include links to ongoing promotions, partnership background information, overview about properties in China and more.
Hilton Worldwide announced Hilton HHonors as the official sponsor of the Chinese Olympic Committee on July 27, 2011. The partnership marks the first time a multinational hotel company has supported the organization and distinguishes Hilton Worldwide as one of only two multinational sponsors for Team China.
About Chinese Olympic Committee
The Chinese Olympic Committee (COC) is a non-governmental, non-profit national sports organization of a mass character, with the objective of developing sports and promoting the Olympic Movement in the country. It represents China in handling international affairs related to the Olympic Movement. It is the sole representative of the whole country's Olympic Movement in its relations with the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) and other international sports organizations, as well as all National Olympic Committees (NOCs).
The first Chinese sports organization was founded as early as October 1910, and recognized by the IOC in 1922. In May 1954, not long after the founding of the People's Republic of China, the IOC recognized the All-China Sports Federation (Chinese Olympic Committee) at the 49th IOC Session held in Athens. In 1956, however, the IOC allowed the Taiwan authorities to send a team to the 16th Olympic Games. The All-China Sports Federation protested against the "two Chinas" plot fabricated by the IOC leader. In August 1958, the COC severed all its relations with the IOC. It was not until November 26, 1979 that, with a resolution adopted by all IOC members, the COC's legal status was reinstated in the IOC, while the Olympic Committee in Taipei was allowed to remain in the IOC under the name of "the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee."
About Hilton HHonors
Hilton HHonors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton Worldwide’s 10 distinct hotel brands, offers approximately 38 million members more ways to earn and redeem points than any other guest-loyalty program, enabling them to create experiences worth sharing at more than 4,000 hotels in 90 countries and territories. HHonors members can now redeem points for any room, anywhere, anytime, including the most luxurious suites, using any of four room rewards: Premium Room Rewards, Room Upgrade Rewards, Points & Money Rewards and Standard Room Rewards. In addition, HHonors members can use points to purchase unique experience rewards, merchandise and vacation packages, make charitable contributions and more. HHonors is also the only guest-loyalty program to offer ‘No Blackout Dates’ and ‘Points & Miles’ for the same stay at its properties worldwide, including participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels& Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. Membership in HHonors is free, and travelers may enroll online by visiting www.HiltonHHonors.com or connect with Hilton HHonors at news.hiltonhhonors.com.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 94 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company’s portfolio of ten world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,000 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with nearly 672,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories, including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®.